Thursday, January 31, 2013

Think Think Think...


Here's a shot I've been waiting to pull back out! Got a few pushes to add this one back into my reel (Thanks Belen!) I've always liked the frantic feeling in this shot and the overlapping ideas, but had issues with the ring proposal scene at the beginning. After cutting it, I think it feels a lot better. Still some things to fix up on it, but maybe worth revisiting now.



I've also been hunting for some new dialogue to start a fresh shot with. Wanna try a woman/girl and something lighter and funnier. I don't have much comedy on my reel as is, which is kinda ironic considering my usually upbeat personality. I think that why I enjoyed working on the kid's "Forts" shot so much. I included the video from each clip just as reference for some ideas, but I would like to stray from the setup of the originals. The last shot is more physical and not as funny, maybe something I'd want to try later with two sisters arguing.

I've been doing a lot of thinking recently about what is really important in that next big step in a persons career. And what it really boils down to is, "What are you going to learn from this experience?" Growing as an artist, sharing ideas and learning with others is what it's really all about! It's a concept I think most creative people understand, but every once and a while something pops up just to remind you. You have to love what you do and do what you love, right!?

"Keep moving forward..."

No comments: