Friday, September 14, 2012

Elephant Shot Update #1



Hey Everyone! I know it's been a little while since my last update, but I've been pretty busy ;) I had an amazing time at the Animation Mentor Graduation and it was awesome to meet up with friends old and new! The extended vacation was great too and I loved exploring the West Coast!

I've also been working on this new shot starring.... AN ELEPHANT! Crazy right, it's an elephant. Things have been pretty complicated so far, but it's been a HUGE learning experience. Maybe because this is my first "real" quadruped? Maybe it's because I thought it was a good idea to do more than just a walk cycle? Or maybe it's just all the hours of elephant documentaries corrupting my brain, haha.

Regardless, here is the latest. Things are "splined" but since it requires a better understanding of the weight shifting over the feet I had to go into it earlier. I usually don't spline until I have tons of keys/breakdowns and I'm ready to polish, so it's tough to gauge how far along it is, probably blocking plus stage. Hope you like it and as always feedback it greatly appreciated!!!

Take it easy guys!

No comments: